Preparing food for your family can be a big challenge because you have to consider the health benefits aside from the taste of the food.
And today we got this super healthy vegies recipe for lunch called chopsuey top with egg for additional nutrients.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Like a pregnant woman on her first trimester… that’s how I feel everytime that ‘time of month’ (T.O.M) comes. I crave for so many foods but usually sweets such as cakes and chocolates.
Today, I just crave for a mocha cake roll, also known as coffee swiss roll – a sponge cake with coffee buttercream filling. Since Red Ribbon or Goldilocks were both 9 kilometers away from home and I do not know how to drive (my hubby’s still sleeping from a night shift work), all I can do is to make one to satisfy my cravings.
As I checked the kitchen all the supplies needed were present. Happy me!
After an hour, here it is:
This is my firt time to bake this kind of cake and not bad for a first timer! I got positive feedbacks from my hubby, my mom, and my brother. 👍They are my official taste testers and honest critics, really! They will tell you how good or terribly bad the taste is, and they are hard to please so I must brag about it this time! 😄
I have seen this posted in my facebook wall and since I am fond of making leche flan because it is one of my all time favorite dessert, I tried this. I feel like a Pro while doing it. See below how it goes
I have been very busy this past few days and totally slacking on blog posts. I never have time to sit down and write something until today I have spare time because it’s my hubby’s day off.
We’ve been planning for some time to have a picnic by the beach to chase the early morning sun for Jacob since he’s always suffering from cough and colds. My mom said that early morning sea air and sun can be natural remedies. And since it is weekend and everybody is off from work, time to have a simple family bonding.
There is only one beach near our place so we have no choice. Being always excited for a family activity like this, I prepare foods for us to munch on like the all-time favorite spaghetti, banana muffins, and my personal favorite – leche flan. We also buy Papay’s pandesal with malunggay and spinach (indeed a healthy option for breakfast!) which is surprisingly delicious. It’s not seen in the picture but I also bring a thermos of hot water, coffee,sugar and creamer so it’s totally a breakfast by the beach.
This is Jacob, ready to walk and wade in the water!
I love the off-white color of the sand but we are not so lucky because it is low tide and the sky is cloudy we can’t barely see the sun.
But that won’t ruin our day, because we only need each other and some foods to enjoy and be happy.
My husband and my two brothers take the chance to jog.
One funny thing happened, before they started to jog Jacob was expecting that he will be joining them. Take a look at this pictures of him watching them afar. Lol
Poor baby, your short legs won’t be able to come closer to them. Two more years and you’ll be able to chase them but don’t be in a rush to grow up, Mommy will be very sad because I want to enjoy more moments when I am the only special woman in your life.
He stop crying after seeing that they are coming back. Here’s a cute picture of them together,
and me and my mom.
This is how we spend time together. We just eat, walk, talk, listen to music and take pictures to seize the moment. I believe that you don’t have to squander just to be happy. Being with your family in any places in the world should be cherished because not everyone has the chance to see their loved ones at all times.
Blessed to have them!❤
I love banana muffins and it’s so easy to do. Since it is family day Sunday I am inspired to bake some for our picnic by the beach.
Here’s how to do it.
3 large ripe bananas (lakatan or bungulan )
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons melted butter, or vegetable oil / canola oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mash the bananas. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Mix using a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and granulated white sugar.
Fold-in the dry ingredient mixture in the large mixing bowl.Mix until the texture becomes smooth.
Arrange regular sized paper cups in the muffin pan. Scoop the mixture in each paper cup. Fill the paper cup by three quarters only as it will overflow. Top with raisins, arrange as desired.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so.
To check just insert a toothpick at the middle of the muffin, it is ready if it comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool .
It yields 12 muffins. Enjoy!
Everybody loves cupcake especially chocolate cupcake. I do bake them when I crave for it or while waiting for my baby to fell asleep because he is a bunch of a hyper baby. Lol
So here’s how:
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar (sifted)
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
1 cup hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla essence or vanilla extract
2 raw eggs
1 cup chopped nuts ( optional )
Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit .
In a mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder, then set aside.
Dilute the cocoa powder in a cup of hot water. Set aside.
Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the butter and the sugar until texture becomes fluffy then add the vanilla extract, eggs and diluted cocoa powder.
Gradually add the dry ingredients (flour-baking powder-salt) and mix well until everything is well incorporated.
Pour mixture in cupcake pans with cupcake paper cups then sprinkle the nuts on top and bake for 18-20 minutes or depends on the oven that you are using. You will know if it is done by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake and if it comes out clean, it is done.
Let it cool down and served with a hot coffee or milk.
I’ve never imagined that having a clerical or typographical error in the sex/gender appearing in my civil registry document could be a serious issue on my part. Having it not corrected when I was young was a big mistake. My mother said, I was born at the comfort of our home with the help of a midwife, it took months after I’ve been registered before she noticed that there was an erroneous entry of gender on my birth certificate, male instead of female. She didn’t know who’s to blame for that. Is it the midwife who took care of my registration or the clerk who prepared my birth certificate? But whoever is responsible, the error cannot be corrected easily. She tried to correct it but our laws require a court action before it can be corrected. They said she have to file a petition through the help of a lawyer who will prepare the Petition for Correction of Entry in Regional Trial Court and that would require a lot of time and money (they said it will cost you around Php40,000.00+). That is a huge amount of money for a single document and is indeed frustrating to spend for legal services when it is not her fault at all.
Years past and everything went well, I got to enrol in school without any problem maybe because they were not strict with child’s documents or just rely on one’s appearance because obviously I’m a girl wearing skirt and with a hairstyle of Sarah, Ang Munting Prinsesa. Until I got employed and earning on my own, aspires to travel abroad and I will need a passport to be able to do that. One of the essential requirements in applying for a passport is the applicant’s authenticated NSO birth certificate, this document is necessary to establish the identity of the applicant. Same also for visa application in case I want to travel in other countries that requires it.
Now, I will be sharing my first-hand experience on how to correct gender error on NSO birth certificate.
The first thing I did was to visit the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) in our municipality. I asked them what are the required documents for my petition and also the fees needed so I would be able to prepare it beforehand.
These are the list of requirements given to me.
- NSO Copy of Birth Certificate – I visited the NSO near our place and have my copy after almost three hours and it cost Php140.00. You may request the authenticated copy of your birth certificate online and they offer door-to-door delivery at additional cost. Just check http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph.
- LCRO Certified – The Municipal Chief Registrar just marked it (X), so I didn’t bother to ask anyway.
- Earliest School Record Form 137 – This is the permanent student record, a list of student grades and student history. My school just ask me to pay for the photocopy. Take note that it is from your elementary, not from high school, but I got mine from both.
- Medical Records – I’ve got a certified true copy of my laboratory results from my previous Cesarean Operation with my baby. I also include my ultrasound results and to my surprise the Municipal Chief Registrar asked me to passed two of them because I have three tests (the 6th week ultrasound to confirm my pregnancy, the 5th month ultrasound for the confirmation of the baby’s gender, and the 3D ultrasound scans for my baby’s still pictures inside my tummy), just an excited first time parents here! I just thanked my husband was so fond of taking pictures, scanning and saving them I got my backup copy for my baby to see when he grows up.
- NBI Clearance – I already had one but was already lapsed so I renewed mine for Php115.00. You should fill out an Online NBI Clearance Application before going to the NBI Office, you can print it out if you like or you can just write down the registration code because if not they will ask you to pay Php20.00 for just one sheet of the photocopied application form so better to have it beforehand. You can check http://nbi.njis-ph.com. Make sure to come as early as possible so you can finished early but lucky me I got mine in just two hours, thanks to my parents who gave me a unique name I got my NBI Clearance with no hit. The clearance is valid for a year.
- Police Clearance – You will need an updated police clearance, I applied for it and they ask me to submit requirements such as the barangay clearance, one copy of 2×2 photo (white background), recent Cedula (Community or Residence Tax Certificate) and Php50.00.
- Baptismal Certificate – I requested a copy from our church for Php100.00. They will process it while you are waiting, it took less than thirty minutes. .
- Employer Certificate or Affidavit of Non Employment – If you are employed, you need to request a Certificate of Employment from your company, while if you’re like me a stay-at-home mum you need to submit the latter. This is the first time I heard of this kind of affidavit, I just thought my statement would be enough, but for legal matter like this, an affidavit stating your employment history is required and it cost Php200.00 for two copies.
- Medical Certification issued by Government Doctor – In my case, just handed the doctor in Municipal Health Center my medical records since I already gave birth and have with me the laboratory results of my Cesarean operation, no check-up needed, the doctor’s assistant just prepare the certification right away after confirming my case from the Municipal Chief Registrar.
- Certification of Authenticity issued by LCR – This is a letter issued by LCR which will prove that your petition is ready to publish in local publication.
- Affidavit of Publication – The Publication Office will give this to you after two weeks together with a dozen of copies of the published newspapers including clippings, where your petition was written. You’re instant famous for two weeks!
Additional requirements which are not listed are government issued ID’s such as Digitized SSS, GSIS, Driver’s License, PRC, and/or school id for students, and also Marriage Certificate for married woman, and have them photocopied in three copies.
After completing and submitting the above mentioned documents, I’ve paid Php3,000.00 for the processing fee. The usual process will take 3-4 months as per the Municipal Chief Registrar but since I’m on the rush of getting it done, I asked if there’s a way to shorten the processing time and she said I can expedite it, that will took a month. I just needed to pay Php1,000.00 for the fare of the one who will personally process it, and additional Php850.00+++ for other fees that she said. Unlike the first two payments I’ve made, the MCR said it has no receipts so knowing some of the government officials here in the Philippines, I know where the extra money would go.
Additional payment amounting to Php1,200.00, which I personally bring to the publication together with the certification coming from the LCR, as payment for my petition to be published for two consecutive weeks. After two weeks they will hand you copies of the newspapers where your petition was published along with a notarized letter called the Affidavit of Publication to be submitted back to the LCR. The LCR then passed your petition to NSO Manila and that’s when I started counting the one month process.
After a month, I called the MCR’s office and said my papers were delivered already, i am so thankful and excited but my excitement became dismay. As there is another process wherein the LCR will prepare the final documents of your petition which will be needed to pass directly to the NSO in Quezon City. Actually I was asked by the MCR to go there personally to bring the filled out form and request my new copies of birth certificate with correction but it will took some time and effort on my part. I asked again if it should be done personally and yes it wasn’t! Again, I just needed to pay Php1,000.00 for the fare of the liason officer and Php140.00 per copy of the birth certificate. I requested two copies. It took a month again for that process.
After a month long of waiting, at last I got my copies. Upon checking it, I thought the marked (X) box for male will be deleted and will be transfer to female but it was not. I didn’t noticed easily the annotation at the right side of the birth certificate going downwards stating ‘PURSUANT TO THE DECISION RENDERED BY MCR (Name) DATED (MMDDYYYY) AND AFFIRMED BY OCRG NO. XXXX, THE CHILD’S SEX IS HEREBY CORRECTED FROM “MALE” TO “FEMALE”.
To sum it all, I spent around Php8,000.00 and the procedures took two months and two weeks because I did expedite it.
It was a tedious process, but compare to the procedures before I can say it is much easier now because there’s no court intervention. I am just thankful I don’t have time to process it before this law was signed. Thanks to President Aquino for signing RA 10172. (http://web0.psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/civil-registration-laws/republic-act-no-10172).
P.S. Thank you to all who appreciate my blog. It’s sad to hear that many are experiencing these kind of situation. I’ve been very busy being a full time mom of two, and time is lacking to answer all the queries. It’s overwhelming to see that this blog already has thousand views and some express their gratitude. I personally want to help everyone having this kind of dilemma but I have limited knowledge, all information provided was based on my own personal experience. We have different cases, so to those asking if the same process will be done for blank gender, or both gender were marked,etc. it’s best to consult your designated Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) for concerns and inquiries to avoid misleading information and time wasted. All the requirements listed above are final, so if any of those were not available just ask your MCR if it can substitute with other docs. Thank you for taking time to visit and read my blog. God bless everyone!
With the proliferation of Internet across the globe, you don’t need to go outside just to find a deal or something you would like to buy. There are tons of websites today wherein you can shop almost anything you want from cooking utensils down to holiday getaway adventures.
Here is my take on the top 5 sites that you can shop online: